Help yourself Backup your Joomla Website !!
If you have a website, you should be aware about the importance of maintaining a backup of your own. However, if you aren’t aware of how to take back up of your Joomla website, then the following procedure should help you taking backup using cPanel web hosting control panel.
- Login to the cpanel control panel of the website which you intend backup
- Use the appropriate user-name and password.
- Look for the ‘phpMyAdmin‘ tool within the control panel. You can even search this tool using the search box.
- Once you find it and click on it and look for the ‘Export‘ option present in the menu.
- Clicking the link would take you to ‘Settings’. Confirm the settings in the export box and click it for selecting the relevant database name. Now, look for the radio button to SQL.
- Check the settings in the save as box and click ‘Save as‘. Then select the Zip option.
- Select GO.
- Within no time, you would see a dialog box asking you for a confirmation of the intended storage location on your local machine.
- Here, you must select the location where you wish to save the database backup.
- The time taken for saving the file would depend on the size of your website data. Once the download process is complete, you must verify the size of the file.
- Now, you must backup the public_html folder of your Joomla site via. the file manager tool present in the cpanel.
- Select the file manager option.
- Look for the public_html folder.
- You must check all the boxes seen in the presented list.
- Now select the compress option.
- Once the files get compressed, you should be able to view a new file along with the other files.
- You need to choose that particular file and hit the download option.
- Again you would be asked for the location where you intend to save this file. It is recommended to save the file in the same location where you have saved the database.
This concludes the steps for backing-up your Joomla Website.
Joomla Hosting has been a popular alternative.hence it becomes important for users owning a Joomla site to keep themselves aware about the methods of Back-up and Restoration of their sites.