By following the below steps you can protect your outlook express from Virus:-
1) First open Outlook Express
2) Now Click on Tools Meno – Options
3) Click Security Tab and then Click Restricted Zone
4) Click Ok to close options dialog box
5) Start IE, click on Interner Options and click on Security
6) Click Custom Level and apply the changes.
Message should be read in Plain Text :
1) In SP1, you can configure Outlook express to read emails in plain Text Format
2) Start Outlook Express
3) Click on Tools and Options
4) Click Read tab and select Read all messages in plain text
5) Click on Ok
Following are the prevention of programs that should be taken before sending emails without Approval:-
If Outlook Express is set as a mail handler, then it will process requests by using Simple MAPI calls. This function is used by Virus and send copies of email messages that will contain virus to your email contacts. In case Of Outlook Express 6, email’s are prevented from sending without approval.
IE Unsafe list to filter Email attachments :
1) Start Outlook Express, click on Options
2) Click Security Tabs and select “Do not allow attachments”
In Outlook Express 6, it checks for unsafe attachments and only if it’s safe, it will download / open with the email messages.
Add additional files to remove from Unsafe list :
1) Click on Start
2) Then click on Control Panel
3) Double-click Folder Options
4) Select File Type to be allowed or blocked and then clicked on Advanced.
5) In order to add new, click on New – In Create New Extension dialog box, file extension should be typed and added to unsafe list.
6) Click on OK